The Living Success Program*
If you have an excess of 50 pounds or more, your BMI is most likely 30 or higher, which is considered obese. Certified Bariatric Specialists (medical weight management experts), like Dr. Maycie, know that this degree of excess weight will put people at risk for numerous potentially serious health conditions. The greater your BMI increases beyond 30, the greater your health risks become. By using a full meal replacement program (or near-full meal replacement diet program) which provides 800 to 1,000 calories a day, you can reduce your weight and health related risks more quickly and safely, than if you simply followed a traditional low calorie food plan.
By identifying and treating the various possible medical abnormalities that can perpetuate obesity, such as insulin resistance / metabolic syndrome, PCOS, thyroid abnormalities and nutritional deficiencies, Dr. Maycie can help you achieve excellent weight loss results and create a healthier life for yourself.
Give our LIVING SUCCESS PROGRAM a 24 week commitment, and we can help you achieve your realistic weight goals and learn how to maintain your success.
What Does The Living Success Program Include?
- Initially you will receive a comprehensive consultation. During this time we will review your overall health, your dietary habits, and your family’s health history. Based upon this information we will then tailor a customized weight loss program for you.
- As part of this comprehensive evaluation, we will have you take an electrocardiogram. This simple test will help determine if certain treatment protocols are safe for you.
- We will also have your laboratory work up performed, in order to better assess your overall current health status and gain insight into various risk factors that can impact your health. This testing may include checking your blood sugar (glucose), cholesterol, triglyceride levels (a type of fat), your thyroid function, and others.
- This program will use an easy to follow diet plan of 800 – 1000 calories per day.
- Your will receive instructions on how to follow a full or partial meal replacement diet program. This program includes high quality, protein and nutrient-rich meal replacement shakes, soups, and other supplements, along with one low-calorie grocery meal.
- You will continue to receive practical and relevant educational sessions, geared toward your specific needs and your lifestyle.
- As a comprehensive approach there are optional treatments including supplements and medication to assist with your weight loss efforts. These are available, if Dr. Elchoufi feels these would be safe and beneficial for you.
- We offer complimentary weekly weigh-ins, which will help with accountability, and keep you motivated with your goals. We will also help you “trouble shoot” any challenges you may have encountered.
- On a monthly basis you will meet with Dr. Elchoufi to monitor your progress, ensure that you are safely losing weight, answer any questions you may have, and when applicable, refill prescribed medications.’
* Note: Results may vary from person to person